понедельник, 3 октября 2011 г.

From Baku (Azerbaijan) to Sharjah (UAE)


Baku (Azerbaijan)
I've been living in Baku (Azerbaijan) for 16 years; however, my dad is Palestinian and my mom is Osetin, Russian and Azerbaijani. We don't have a lot of traditions in our family, may be that is why till now I don't know where I belong. Azerbaijan is where east meets west. People in Azerbaijan are open-minded but at the same time they know the value of family, religion, and traditions. I used to have a lot of friends there, basically I was enjoying my life there because I've always had people who would be able to support me at any time. When I came to Sharjah I had a cultural shock. People in Sharjah are different from people in Baku; more traditions, more prohibitions, more people who LOVE to stereotype. The first 1.5 yr for me was the most difficult time during my entire life. However, after my 3d semester at AUS I got used to this culture, because I learned some traditions of Gulf countries. Now, I really like UAE and I enjoy my time here. I think it is a really good experience for me and it will help me in my future.

THE BEST MEMORY (Baku)

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий